Sunday, February 1, 2009

Whew!

I'm grateful that our Night of the Butterfly Gala is over - these fundraisers are always SO much work, and they just burn everyone out. It was an incredibly fun event, though.

Now it's back to getting ready for Madama Butterfly. We are so excited about early sales being so good, even in this most challenging of times. I know it's going to be a wonderful production. If you were at Night of the Butterfly, you got to see our Cio-Cio San, Carol Ann Manzi, perform two arias from Butterfly. I don't exaggerate when I say that no fewer than three people were brought to tears by her performance. And those are just the people on my side of the room.

We are in the midst of putting our paper storage items into plastic bins and then we're going to rearrange our storage unit to fit everything in better - so the office is full of bins. At least we're past the pre-gala stage where everyone was dropping their donations off at the office - it got so bad you could barely get around in there! Well, I guess with the bins and all, it's that way again. It will feel SO good to have everything finally organized.

No comments: