Saturday, October 4, 2008

Ramping up for Figaro

It's always SO exciting when we're getting to the countdown for our next opera. In this case, it's especially fun because I have such a learning curve when it comes to production questions - although I am not involved in the actual production, I just love learning about the process, and I am lucky enough to be able to be a 'fly on the wall' in production meetings and copied on emails. You'd be amazed at the level of commitment and excitement that I feel from these emails. And the myriad of details - oh my!

And then there's MY part of preparing for the production - the unenviable tasks of asking for underwriting in a time when the stock market has everyone very worried about the near future. I do love the fact that our patrons are all willing to help where they can - almost none have said no, and many who have never given or not for several years are deciding to support us this year. I am really grateful! We still have quite a ways to go, and not much time to get there, so wish me luck!

No comments: