Friday, April 11, 2008

Carmen reviewed

For the first time in many years, one of our operas was finally reviewed by the local paper! See The Tribune's review at http://www.sanluisobispo.com/151/story/324876.html.
Many of you will know that I am a real newcomer to opera, and so I am still amazed at every performance at the depth and clarity of our singer's voices. I can finally say that I "get it!" It was just last year at our La Traviata - during the amazing death scene, I found myself so wrapped up in the glorious singing and music that I just couldn't wait for our next opera!

Our next event is coming up quickly- A Gourmet Soiree - our annual dinner concert at the Monday Club. A great singing line up, and an incredible menu, all with a French twist. This event typically sells out, so make sure to get your tickets early. For more details, check our website!
www.propera.org

No comments: